Selected Publications on Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Questions on diabetes. Core Content Review of Family Medicine. Vol 36;3April 2005 and Vol 36;4:May (2005).
- Questions on hypothyroidism in pregnancy. Core Content Review of Family Medicine (2006).
- Gene-Environment Interaction in the Pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes. Nutritional and Therapeutic Interventions for Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome. (2012) Elsevier.
- Human evolution, metabolic, heart disease & exercise. Molecular Exercise Physiology (2014) Routledge.
Peer Reviewed Journals
- Goh KP. Current medicine: highlights of the recently released JNC VII report. J R Coll Physicians Edinb. 2003;33:237.
- Goh KP. Current medicine: an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome. J R Coll Physicians Edinb. 2003;33:235.
- Goh KP. Management of hyponatremia. American Family Physician. 2004;2387-2394.
- Goh KP, S Tavintharan. An update on the biochemical evaluation, imaging and treatment of phaeochromocytoma. Goh KP et al. J R Coll Physicians Edinb 2005;35:206–213.
- Goh KP, Lim SC, Yeoh LY, Gopalakrishnan R, Koh A, Chua CL, Tan WL, Ee T, Goh T, Xu XH, Ong C, Subramaniam T, Sum CF. Long term prospective follow up experience from a multi-disciplinary diabetes nephropathy clinic. Goh KP et al. Nephrology. 2005;10(S):A24.
- Goh KP, S Tavintharan, Raja C Rajasoorya. Diabetes, dizzy spells, and erectile dysfunction as presenting symptoms in a patient with pheochromocytoma. The Endocrinologist 2006;16:69-72.
- Goh KP, Lee HY, Rajasoorya RC. Triple jeopardy in the pituitary. Pituitary. 2008;11(3):331-6.
- Poh Z, Goh KP. A Current Update on the Use of Alpha Lipoic Acid in the Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets. 2009 Dec 1.
- Goh KP, Chew K, Koh A, Guan M, Wong Y S, Sum C F. The relationship between ACE gene ID polymorphism and aerobic capacity in Asian rugby players. Singapore Med J. 2009; 50(10) : 997-1003.
- Goh KP, Sum CF. Connecting the dots: molecular and epigenetic mechanisms in type 2 diabetes. Curr Diabetes Rev. 2010 Jul 1;6(4):255-65.
- Goh KP, Lee HY, Lau DP, Supaat W, Chan YH, Koh A FY. Effects of Resveratrol in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus on Skeletal Muscle SIRT1 Expression and Energy Expenditure. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2013 Aug 5.
Letter to Editor
- Ling Choo Lim, Su Chi Lim, Kian Peng Goh, Vivien CC Lim, Rajmohan Lekshminarayanan, Tavintharan Subramaniam, Chee Fang Sum. Is Universal Screening for detection of thyroid dysfunction in Early Pregnancy justified? Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 2007;Mar 13.
Poster and Oral Presentations
- Goh KP, Lim SC, Yeoh LY, Gopalakrishnan R, Koh A, Chua CL, Tan WL, Ee T, Goh T, Xu XH, Ong C, Subramaniam T, Sum CF. Long term prospective follow up experience from a multi-disciplinary diabetes nephropathy clinic. 3rd World Congress of Nephrology (Delegate). Singapore. 26-30 Jun 05.
- Goh KP, Chew KTL, Koh AFY, Guan PM, Wong YS, Sum CF. The relationship between ACE ID polymorphism and aerobic performance in Asian rugby players. 5th NHG Annual Scientific Meeting. 30 Sep 06. (Shortlisted for NHG Doctor Award).
- KI Watt, R Judson, P Mason, K Reid, KP Goh, N Ranno, S Gray, A Ratkevicius, C De Bari, H Wackerhage. Yap1 inhibits myotube formation in C2C12 cells. The HIPPO Tumor Suppressor Pathway: A Brainstorming Workshop. Rome. 22-23 Apr 09.
- W Chui, Goh KP. The use of Glucometrics in Evaluating the Quality of Inpatient Glycemic Control. 8th NHG Annual Scientific Meeting. 16-17 Oct 09. (Best Poster Competition Award: Nursing Category)
As Principal Investigator
- To study the effect of an exercise program on the aerobic capacity with the use of a breath-by-breath gas analyzer and glycaemic control of type 2 diabetic patients (NMRC Enabling Grant 2004)
- To study the relationship between the ACE I/D polymorphism and the improvement in V02max of rugby players in Singapore after a training period of one year. (NMRC Enabling Grant 2004)
- A proof-of-concept study to investigate the exercise mimetic effects of resveratrol-induced SIRT1 activation on PGC1-alpha regulation and insulin sensitivity. (NMRC NIG Grant 2008)
- A Proof-of-Concept Study to Investigate the Effects of Resveratrol-Induced SIRT1 Activation on Insulin Sensitivity, Physical Activity Levels and Energy Expenditure in Non-Diabetic Obese Male Chinese Subjects. (NMRC Enabling Grant 2009, EMSS Grant 2009)
- Incidence of sodium disorders in patients admitted to an acute care hospital.
- The effect of 3 months supplementation of oral resveratrol in type 2 DM subjects on FNDC5 levels in human skeletal muscles and plasma. (AH EG 2012)
- Lily and Alkermes IDAS Study: A pivotal open-label parallel study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of human insulin inhalation powder (HIIP) compared to injectable insulin in patients with diabetes and COPD or asthma (2005)
- Developmental Pathways to Metabolic Diseases: Metabolic Physiology, Epigenetics and Body Composition in Healthy Overweight and Obese Subjects with a Fixed Range of Body Mass Index in Singapore – To Investigate the Influence of Ethnicity. (NMRC 2008)
Phone: (65) 6258 5891
Fax: (65) 6354 4457
Mount Alvernia Hospital
820 Thomson Road,
Medical Centre D #05-58,
Farrer Park Hospital
1 Farrer Park Station Road,
Join us on Google+
|Monday to Friday:||9:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Saturday:||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM|
|Sunday & PH:||Closed|